Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bead-A-Long?




Now you've just got to know how good I've been on this Stash-A-Long biz, but the rules did not include not buying beads and wire! I got the itch to make (crochet with wire) this after seeing it done on Uncommon Threads (HGTV or DIY) and thought "Hey! I can still buy some craft supplies! So I headed off to Michael's and got some supplies. Here is the finished product for my second attempt. The first attempt didn't have the right style of bead and was quickly pulled out. I like this one much better.




One word of caution about crocheting with wire - It can be a little tough on the hands. Even more so if you start the wire from the wrong end of the spool but we won't go there! I have enough supplies left to make a few more when my hands have recovered. I predict that the next one will be easier because I won't be trying to pull the wire from the inside of the spool. Ahem....






This is a hat I made for my friends with the newborn twins. I made it in October and that boy version earlier this month. I wanted to wait until after they were born to post it, soooo here it is!


I've also been working on a sweater for February is for Finishing and I'm really glad to be making progress on it. Here is the modified sleeve. Lordy I hope that thing fits when I try to sew it in!!!
Laid out like this it looks like a hat for a giant!

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger pat said...

You did great on your wire crochet,and yes, wire from the beginning of the spool is so much easier to do. So is the gauge, if you used 26, 28 or 30 it will be like butter. ok,maybe ice cold butter with 26, but easier than with 24.


pat
Wild Poppy Designs...
http;//imageevent.com/patmcaudel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home