Saturday, January 20, 2007

Items I finished in 2006 and never posted!

Here are some baby gifts I made for my friend Kara who is expecting twins. These were given to her at a shower held before Thanksgiving. I was waiting to post them until I gave Knitty Yoda a caterpillar pillow for her baby.

All of the shoes are crocheted from an Annie's Attic pattern book. There are so many cute pairs of booties in it!




















The pink and blue hats with the top knots are the umbilical cord hats from The Stitch N'Bitch book.


This little white hat was found via Crochet Pattern Central's (CPC) site.











This one was also found through CPC's site. I have to say that they were both really fun and quick to make!
















Umm... I'm not sure where I found the red hat. I will have to do some investigating but it is just a simple hat made with front post double crochets at the rim so that it looks like a rib knit.








These are caterpillar pillows for a baby's sweet little head to rest on. I found this great pattern in a small pamphlet at my local grocery store check-out. It has no ISBN and I've not been able to find a link for it anywhere. I simply knitted 2 horse-shoe shapes, sewed them together and filled with polyfill. Then I made and eye cord and sewed it on. Lastly came the eyes and the antenne. I love how unique they are!

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger RC said...

WOW they look great! So clever doing the matching hats. The red cowboy boots and matching hat kill me! Very nice work!
Oh and I got that book too... knitting for babies. cute stuff in there... your caterpiller neck pillows came out great! I was not going to do them, since they were done in 2 pieces, but you have inspired me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home