Sunday, December 31, 2006

Time for me to do an "A-long"

In the spirit of joining things and creating things for others to join, I wanted to create a Year Long Stash-A-Long! That's right folks, I intend to do my best to knit and crochet only from the megastash I have created. Now I'm sure there will be the ocassional gotta have a bit of this or that, but as far as projects greater than one skein, that yarn best come from the closet!!

I don't have a button or a blog for this BAL as of yet. I will get back to y'all on that minor detail. If you want to participate just comment on this post and I'll keep a list on my side bar of all the excited and dedicated participants.

I began this BAL this morning when I put the finishing touches on Miss K's cupcake hat. I'm pretty pleased with the end result and will post a photo and commentary in the next day or two.

There is one disclaimer I must include... I may have the chance to purchase some additional yarn at a deeply discounted price and that may influence me a little but, I am going to do my best to stick to this plan. If nothing else, I will only work on the things I've already purchased yarn for so that any new yarn I buy will have to be earmarked for a specific project that will have to be completed in 2008!

My biggest concern is that I have so many projects on my list that I am not sure that I will be able to complete all that I have in the next 365 days! That sounds like a lot of days, but I have many projects to complete.

Here is the list that I currently working from:
1. Complete 1 sock of a pair for Mr. K ASAP
2. A toboggan hat and some matching thing (probably a scarf) for Mr. K's sister's B-day that is in 2 weeks.
3. Finish a sweater for Sister K that was started for Momma K 3 years ago but is the wrong size (check guage!!!) Only have to close the under arm seams
4. sweater #2 for Momma K
5. Surprise project #1 this spring
6. Spring sweater for self
7. Clapotis for self
8. Dress for Miss Knotty that I have enough yarn to do for her for 2008 so that may have to be next year.
9. Scarf for MIL K
10. Yet another sweater for self
11. Complete a few baby gifts
12. Create a few baby gifts
13. Winter sweater for Mr. K
14. Finish a sweater I started last year that I'm not sure if I have enough yarn to finish! :-0
15. Finish a ribbon pocket book that I started a long time ago
16. Make the French Market Bag
17. Short and Sweet Bolero from the Happy Hooker Happy Hooker for self

There's even more than this but I don't have the list in front of me and I'm feeling too lazy to get up and go get it. Let's just say that I have enough yarn that my stash may never end!

Hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year's eve and 2007!

5 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Woo!
A whole year stash-along?!?!
I know I bought a lot of yarn at our lys's 40% off sale, but you must have really done it up!
I htink I could hang in there for a 3-6 month adventure, maybe more.
If I can create from all of my whole skeins in my stash, would I then be able to purchase more?
Hmm... THat could be a good goal.

Funny, though, I was making out my projects from stash to do list this evening myself! (now if O could just get out the ziploc bags and print/copy out the patterns...)

Happy New Year!!!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow- you must have a will of iron, or an extremely large stash!! I'm with Ann- I could probably do a 3-6 month adventure. After that, I'd probably go into severe shock/seizures, etc. and start unravelling everything around me for lack of wool:)

Good luck mama!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH wow you definitely have strength. I can't not buy yarn. I guess I have a weak gene LOL.

Hugs!!!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Would it be wrong to build up one's stash in order to participate in a Stash-a-long? New knitters with not overly large stashs need to know...

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Cupcake hat!
Cupcake hat!
Cupcake hat!

(Come on! Give us a picture!)

Please?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home