Sunday, December 10, 2006

FOB # 15

My top 15 most memorable moments:

15. I know it is sooo predictable so I might as well get it out of the way. It may be cliche' to some but it is so very true - the day Miss Knotty was born.

14. Being at game 7 and seeing the 'Canes win the Stanley Cup

13. Completing the marathons - each very different in their own way, both extremely emotional experiences

12. White water rafting the class 5 on the Chattooga River (the same one Deliverance was filmed on)

11. My first day in another country (Germany June, 1993)

10. The first time I took a road trip alone - boy how I loved that freedom

9. Seeing a rather large and dark spider with a trout minnow in its clutches. It was one summer on the South Toe River just outside of Little Switzerland, NC

8. The Christmas I got my speed skates with the blue spruce wheels and grand prix toe stop. I WAS the deal! (6th grade)

7. Marching band in high school. Loved performing and being part of a much bigger unit. I still dream about band.

6. Graduating from college - especially my 1st BS and my Masters. I'm the only one of my parent's children to graduate from college and I did it 3 times over. Even more amazing, a college counselor told me once I would be old and gray before I ever got a degree. Huh! I showed her! Take that Dr. Polly Adams!

5. Going to Auburn football games with my friend Gref Stalnaker. I wonder what he's doing now. He was a dear friend but we lost touch years ago.

4. Working at a Methodist church camp in Dahlonega, GA one summer. I was the lifeguard living a "Meatballs" kinda life! (reason #10 came to pass)

3. Backpacking on Cumberland Island, GA with my friends from #4. That was one cool experience!

2. Saving space here for another terrific moment! Don't want to use 'em all up!

1. Meeting my husband. It was a really chance and short-lived meeting (just me helping him carry his dinner plate to a table, no names exchanged, just pleasantries) and we didn't see each other again for several months but neither of us forgot the other.

3 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about the 16? :) Great blog and best regards from Catalonia :)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I just love number one!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Emily said...

You're a Maniac- Maniac on the Blog! And you're blogging like you've never blogged before!
These have been great to read! I loved your characters, especially the desperation that set in around #5. I'm right there with you from this last blog on favorite experiences; I too loved the first long car trip I ever made alone.
And, ahem, why have we never SEEN the Baby's Got Back routine? Don't think Yoda and I aren't showing up with a boombox and a little Sir Mixalot come next Knit Night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home