Saturday, December 09, 2006

I want to be in the BAL!!

Here are my attempts to catch up on posts 20-16!

20 Things you may not know about Mz. Knotty

20. I am somehow comforted by small amounts of clutter. Too much = madness, too little - sterility.
19. I took music in school from 5th grade through my senior year in high school and probably couldn't play a note now if I had to! But let a marching band play and I will tear up instantly!
18. I love to fly-fish with my husband. I also like to bass fish, but not quite as much.
17. I've completed 2 Disney marathons (2000 & 2002)
16. I like bluegrass music, especially when I'm camping.
15. I like "rump-shaker" music, especially at the beach or if out with the girls. But I don't ever go out with the girls anymore unless it is to the yarn store or the playground.
14. I don't eat beef or pork because of a moment at Zack's. Nothing wrong with the food mind you, just me seeing dead animals instead of food. Somehow there was no problem with the first chili dog but the second one seemed to have a cow and pig with little X's over their eyes. And that my dears was about 5 years ago.
13. I like making new dishes for us to try.
12. I'm sentimental about items that came from my grandmother's kitchens.
11. I am the youngest of 3.
10. If I could choose any God given talent it would probably be being a paino or violin virtuoso or singing.
9. I like the way crayons and play-doh smell.
8. I like to work in the yard - mow the grass, plant flowers, dig in the dirt.
7. If I went back to school to start a new career it would be in meteorology, cosmetology or as a physician assistant. I like science but I want to be stylish too! I also wouldn't mind being a personal shopper.
6. I have a secret desire to be in community theater but I lack the necessary talent!
5. I am terrified of tornadoes! That's one of the reasons I'm so into meteorlogy!
4. I am terrible at remembering things like: lines for a movie, books I've read, if I've taken my medicine (when I am taking something), who played who in what sporting event - even if I was there in the stands!
3. If I could return to any previous vacation spot in the world it would be Hawaii! If it were a new vacation place I think I would choose New Zealand.
2. Since 9/11 I've been terrified to fly.
1. I have an entire dance routine of my own creation to "Baby Got Back!"


19 Favorite Characters - Seeing how I'm not the literary marvel that some of you are, you are going to find my list quite laughable.

19. Bridget Jones - much like me when I dated
18. Charlotte in Charlotte's Web - Smooth as velvet and such a dear friend
17. The main female character in Circle of Friends. Don't remember her name. (See #4 above) - thought she and I had a bit of something in common and I so cheared for her. I liked the book better than the movie
16. Bill Cosby as the Dad on The Cosby Show - what a cool dad!
15. Jodie Foster's charachter in Somersby - Wilderness women are amazing to me!
14. Cindy Lou Who - She never lost site of the potential love in the Grinch's heart and her faith in the people of Whoville.
13. Reese Witherspoon's character in Legally Blonde - I like a girl who won't take "No" for an answer.
12. The mouse and the cricket in The Cricket in Times Square - great book to read to a school-aged kid.
11. Laura Ingalls Wilder - see #15
10. Any of the Steel Magnolias - would like to be one of those myself
9. Hermione - wouldn't mind knowing a little of that wizard's magic
8. Glenda the Good Witch of the North
7. Margaret in Are You There God, It's Me Margaret because she helped me realize that everyone experiences crazy feelings of love and hate at their parents in those pubescent years.
6. Oscar the Grouch - because he would complain with me about having to come up with 5 more of these
5. Bert and Ernie because they would work together as a team to come up with 4 more.
4. The Count because he would provide the final 3 countdown
3. Cookie Monster because he would assist in eating away the stress this is giving me
2. Any character in a book that makes Miss Knotty laugh!
1. Kermit the Frog - WHEW!!

18 things in my kitchen - this will be a much faster post!

18. A Package of D batteries to take to the Babies Morning Out on Wed.
17. Mr. Knotty's Master Gardener notebook
16. The Thanksgiving placemat that Miss K made
15. The coffee pot - really should've come with its own i.v. drip line for me
14. A rubber dining out mat that we use when we take Miss K out to restaurants
13. My Happy Hooker book
12. Receipts that I'm not yet ready to part with
11. A pony tail holder
10. Recycling that needs to be taken out
9. Recipe cards that need refiling
8. A large pot of rosemary that I used to cook with this afternoon
7. One from my collection of Sharpie markers
6. Crumbs and stains that need attention
5. My jewelry
4. Lock for the gym locker
3. Headphones for the gym treadmills
2. The carafe from the shower that needs to be washed
1. A ton of knitting and crocheting things that have lost their way

17 Possessions I can't live without (most are in no particular order!)

17. Chapstick, Vaseline, or Burt's Bees lipstick
16. Moisturizer
15. Miss Knotty's ducky
14. My Debbie Stoller S-n-B book
13. My headlamp for knitting in the dark
12. My own pillow when I travel
11. My knitting bag with enough projects that I will never run out
10. My grandmother's cast iron skillet
9. Southern Living at Home Ultimate Cookbook
8. Dansko clogs
7. The jeans that fit me the best (are there any?)
6. Spanx (assist wiht #7)
5. Ice cream (hinder #7)
4. My wedding rings (in spite of # 6 & 5 he still gave them to me!)
3. Curious George - allows me 30 minutes peace of mind
2. My daughters sweet laughter
1. My husband's warm smile when he brings me a cup of coffee each morning

16 names will have to be in tomorrow's catch-up post. I don't want to rush something so important!

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Thought I'd say hello and WOW- you sure are ambitious to catch up like that!! It was a crash course, for sure :) I am so enjoying doing this F.O.B. I'm really starting to feel like I know everyone and I've only been blogging for a few months now.

Your lists are great! I too am a big fan of the wilderness girls, especially Miss Wilder :) Good job catching up! Can't wait to see the rest of your lists!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Nice blog! Glad to know there is a Raleigh neighbor out there in the blogosphere. Sure was cold today. Went by the Farmer's market and couldn't believe all of the trees.
My parents bought a huge one for $60.

Have a good weekend and nice to meet ya:)

Ang

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Woo Hoo!
You're back in!
Look forward to reading more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home