Wednesday, December 13, 2006

FOB #12

Here are my 12 "I Will Not" vows that I make every holiday season that seem destined to be broken.

12. Intentionally deleted

11. Intentionally deleted

10. Intentionally deleted

9. I will not become irritated when I see kids open their gifts and look around like "that's all we got from you? Great." At that moment I would like to whip out the Little House on the Prairie episode when all they got was a new tin cup, a candy cane, an orange and a penny. Take that!

8. I will not cry when I watch "Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas."

7. I will not miss the Christmas Eve service at Church.

6. I will not stress eat my way through the holidays.

5. I will get plenty of rest while visiting my parents.

4. Mr. Knotty and I will not have an arguement caused my the tension-induced environments we are in at that moment.

3. I will not have ugly photos taken of myself.

2. I will remain calm when my child starts to get cranky while traveling. It could me as a pregnant woman riding on a donkey's back to "get counted."

1. I will, this one is a real promise, not a sarcastic one, try very hard to remain focused on the reason for Christmas. It's Jesus' birthday. He is the best gift we've ever received, a Saviour. That's why we give gifts, to celebrate His birth and the promises God made us for eternal life when He gave us Jesus. It's not about any of the things mentioned above. When I remember this, everything else becomes so meaningless. "God Bless Us Everyone." - Tiny Tim


Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Come back to us...where'd you go? :) I hope my Jesus/birthday comment didn't offend you. I really do mean well, even though I can be a blasphemous heathen at times....please come back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home