Wednesday, December 20, 2006

FOBs 11-5

FOB # 11 Eleven holiday favorite films.

11. Elf
10. Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
9. White Christmas
8. The Christmas Story
7. Little Drummer Boy
6. For Mr. Knotty, Christmas in Connecticut
5. The Christmas Box
4. The Walton's Christmas Movie
3. Charlie Brown Christmas
2. The Original Grinch (Cartoon/Animated)
1. Frosty the Snowman

FOB # 10 short statements summarizing what advice you would give another person, the 10 most important lessons you've learned so far." These for me are the first things that came to mind. I'm sure there are others that are more important than these.

10. "No one wants your bad attitude so keep it to yourself."
9. "Don't ask the question unless you are prepared for the answer."
8. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
7. "For reasons that are completely unknown to you, there will be people who just don't like you."
6. "Try to live the most authentic life you can and don't have regrets about that."
5. "The most influential role model for a child is the same-sex parent. Try not to pass your 'junk' on to them."
4. "A short pencil is usually better than a long memory."
3. "You can do most anything you set your mind to, therfore "I can't" is just a mindset."
2. One of the Beattitudes: "Don't date someone that wouldn't make a good mate because you never know when you may fall in love."
1. Trying to follow The Golden Rule is a real challenge. I like a challenge, and honestly I'm still a work in progress; prone to make mistakes.

F.O.B. #9 "Bits of info about the number 9" I wonder who came up with this one!? :-)

9. 9 is actually the 10th number if you start counting with 0
8. The sqaure root of 9 is 3.
7. If you turn a 9 upside down it looks like a 6
6. If you turn it on its side it looks like French horn
5. If you turn it the other way it looks like a snail.
4. On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave me Nine Ladies Dancing
3. August is the 9th month
2. Reading from left to right, 9 is the 10th key on the 2nd row of this keyboard
1. 9 is the number of lame items on this list.

FOB #8 8 projects I'm working on or have recently completed.

8. Miss Knotty's cupcake hat
7. Pedicure socks for Sister Knotty
6. Surprise for Mr. Knotty
5. Bolero for myself
6. Flower washcloth for friend of Knotty
5. LOTS OF BABY knitting for friends of Knotty
4. The dress that never ends (need to sew one seam)
3. Bolero to match the dress that never ends (need to sew 2 underarm seams)
2. Shawl with yarn from Sister Knotty
1. Baby item for yet another pregnant friend!

F.O.B. # 7: What knitterly items would you most like to receive this holiday?

7. Interweave Knits mag (Thanks Mom Knotty!)
6. Interweave Crochet mag (hoping MIL Knotty will give me this one)
5. The Opionated Knitter by E. Z.
4. Knitting Without Tears also by E.Z.
3. To awaken and find that all incomplete projects had magically finished themselves.
2. I'd like to find a lotion that rejuvenates tired knitting and crocheting hands.
1. I'd like the ability to find more ways to share my love of knitting and crocheting with others. A gift that keeps on giving.

F.O.B. #6 When do you procrastinate?

6. When it involves a PAP smear.
5. When it means putting down needlework for chores I don't want to do
4. When it involves taking out the dogs in the cold night air.
3. When it involves laundry
2. When I know that it can just plain ol' wait until tomorrow.
1. When it involves doing something for someone who doesn't do things to help themselves.

FOB #5 How I satisfy my different senses during the holiday season.

5. Sight - Love to look at Christmas lights and outdoor decorations!
4. Taste - Christmas home-baked goods!
3. Touch - Rubbing the red-rosy cheeks of my Angel baby
2. Sound - listening to Christmas carols and music
1. Smell - Smelling pine needles on real Christmas trees

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Rock on, Sister Girl! Way to catch up. I loved your life list advice and your list of presents.
Off to start packing. So good to see you and Miss Knotty today!
Merry Christmas

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I SO must agree with you on the whole PAP smear procrastination.
Oh yes.

That was a lot of catching up in one post!
How could I have forgotten EOJC?!?!
(I really may borrow that from you. Or maybe I should just get it for ourselves.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home