Wednesday, December 27, 2006

FOB Big Finish!!

Borrowed from Knitty Yoda

FOB #3 Three projects that are happily now on my to-do list:

3. Finish two vests I'm crocheting - 1 of which will be ready in the next 36 hours and best of all, these are for ME! ME! ME!
2. Make a sweater for Momma K.
1. Start Mr. K's sweater

FOB #2 The two best Christmas Presents I received a child

2. This one is a bit of a tie my Fisher Price Little People barn, house, school and town. I spent hours upon hours playing with these. Best of all, I still have them! They are at my parents' home and will be there for Miss K to play with when she visits them. Also in 2nd place would have to be the FAB Springbok jigsaw puzzles I received each Christmas. I got one each year and I still have most if not all of them. I even cruised the ailes at the local Hallmark store to see what was available this year. I haven't received one in years but I still want them!

1. My roller skates. I felt so free on these things! I could go fast or slow, forwards or backwards, I could shake my groove thang or I could be formal and reserved. It was MY thing. I skated because I loved it not because it was a hand-me-down activity from a sibling. I want to take Miss K skating some time and have her say "WHOA! I didn't know Mommy could move like that!" :-)

FOB #1 The thing I want most for Christmas.

I have to say that I was with Knitty Yoda on this one! Mr K. asked me over and over what I wanted and that was really all that seemed to matter. I want my girl and my neice and nephews to grow up in a world that is safe for them to exploree. I want them to appreciate other cultures while preserving their own, but not seeing something that is "different" as "wrong."

I did received some lovely items and am happy to have them but would gladly trade them all for my #1 wish.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good job finishing the F.O.B. I think I got to number 5, my computer became sick and I that's that. I'm going to have to make an attempt to finish it though, or I'll have that terrible "loose ends" feeling.

I'm with you on the rollerskates, girl...I miss the days of shaking my groove thing, too!! haha!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Ann said...

The Fisher Price stuff we grew up with jsut really can't be beat. It is so much longer lasting than the ones they make now. (I sound so old person saying that!)

I had no idea you were a puzzle person too! I love jigsaw puzzles. It can be a dangerous obsession. I haven't done one in over 4 years because I just can't stop until it is finished.

Love the roller skates!! They really were awesome. (Even though some of us never got to "couple's skate")

Your number one is awesome.
(I think that may be some of the positive Fayetteville influences coming out! It's one of the reasons we would like for Bruce to grow up there. So many different people living together. You just don't get that in many places in NC.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home