Thursday, February 08, 2007

"I" (State your name) "do hereby promise... "

Did anyone else get their Spring '07 Interweave Knits today? It was like getting the Sears-Roebuck Christmas Catalog in the mail. I opened it with excited anticipation and then had to look, look and look again to absorb all that I could. I know that I'll open it again several times before the night is through. I just love it!!!

Yummy knitting ahead!

Last night I met with some friends who are new knitters and crocheters. I must say that I love their adventuresome spirits and their excited anticipation at completing their projects. I love the careful way the create and the ways in which they fret over the same mistakes all beginners have made. I think I shall write a pledge for all new needle crafters.

"I" (state your name) "do hereby promise to say 'I can' when the knitting/crocheting gets tricky and to keep an open mind about being a beginner. I fully realize that my first projects will be chock full of flaws and I will love these in spite of it. I will proudly wear the title of 'fiber artist' and will not be ashamed to do needlework in public places. I vow to create only for those with a high appreciate for items which are handmade with love. For as long as I can I will enjoy creating, so help me God."

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Emily said...

KNOTTY POWER! Right on with the New Knitter Pledge. We should all have to take it before starting- I mean we are becoming citizens of a whole new world, right?!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have hereby taken the pledge! Thanks for introducing me not only to knitting but to the intricacies of blogging! I feel so 21st century!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home